The American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions (A.B.F.C.M.) (1810 - 1961), founded in 1810 by Congregationalists in Massachusetts, was the first foreign missionary soceity in the United States. Its firstt missionaries left for Calcutta, India, in 1812. The A.B.F.C.M. operated 102 stations and a missionary staff of 600 throughout the world by 1910, in places including India, the Philippines, Hawaii, Rhodesia, South Africa, and Japan. The A.B.F.C.M. also sent missionaries to Native American tribes. When the Eveangelical and Reformed Church and the Congregational Christian Churches merged in 1961, the A.B.F.C.M. became part of the United Board of World Ministries, the new church's missionary organization.