Senefelder Lithography (1828 – 1830) was a Boston based lithography firm founded in 1828 by George G. Smith and William B. Annin. They were one of the earliest lithographic firms in the United States. Smith and Annin were originally copper plate engravers who were quick to embrace the new technology of lithography. The company was named after Johann Alois Senefelder, the German playwright who invented lithography. The firm was absorbed into Pendleton Lithography in 1831.