Elijah Chapman Kellogg (June 13, 1811 - December 13, 1881) was an American lithographer and engraver. Born in Tolland, Connecticut, Elijah trained as an engraver under his older brother Jarvis Griggs Kellogg (1805 - 1873). Then he joined his brother Daniel Wright Kellogg's (1807 - 1874) lithography firm D.W. Kellogg and Company. Daniel moved west in 1836, which meant Elijah and his brother Edmund Burke Kellogg (1809 - 1872) took over the firm. Elijah and Edmund renamed the firm E.B. and E.C. Kellogg in 1840, and operated that business until 1848, when John C. Comstock joined the partnership. With the addition of Comstock they renamed the firm Kellogg and Comstock, but that partnership lasted only until 1850. After the partnership with Comstock fell apart, the brothers went separate ways until 1855 when they reopened E.B. and E.C. Kellogg. Elijah's sone Charles B. Kellogg joined the firm in 1865. Elijah and Edmund sold their interest in the firm to William H. Bulkeley in 1867, and the younger Kellogg and Bulkeley formed a partnership named Kellogg and Bulkeley. This firm operated until 1946 when it merged with Case, Lockwood, and Brainard to form Connecticut Printers, Inc, which is still in operation today.

Out of Stock Maps