Snyder and Black (1845 - c.1968) was a publishing firm based in New York City. It began publishing maps as early as 1845 from their offices at 87 Fulton Street. By 1876, the company had moved its operations to 92 William Street in New York, and would later buy a building at 200 William Street. The New York Department of Commerce honored Snyder and Black in 1952 along with over 250 other companies that had been in New York since their founding. Snyder and Black was mentioned often in the New York Times Advertising column as a point-of-sale specialist between 1947 and 1968. By March 1960, however, the company is referred to by the New York Times in that same Advertising column as Snyder and Black and Schlegel.