United States Military Academy 1965 - West Point, N.Y. - 1965
24 x 34.5 in (60.96 x 87.63 cm)
This is a 1965 view of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York. Overlooking campus from the northeast above the Hudson River, West Point's soccer and baseball field are easily recognized, as is The Plain, the site of the longest continually occupied U.S. Army garrison. The statue of Revolutionary War General Tadeusz Kościuszko is recognizable in the foreground overlooking the Hudson, as is the Battle Monument just north of The Plain, which was dedicated on May 30, 1897 by surviving American Civil War veterans. Behind The Plain is Washington Hall, and further in the background along the side of a hill is an ornate building, which is a classic example of gothic revival architecture, is the West Point Cadet Chapel. Other points of interest include Fort Putnam, used as a military garrison during the Revolutionary War, Lusk Reservoir, and Michie Stadium
Publication History and CensusThis view was created and published by the United States Military Academy in 1965. It is not catalogued in the OCLC and we have found only one other instance when it appeared on the private market.
Very good. Exhibits some toning and crackling. Closed margin tears professionally repaired on verso. Closed and professionally repaired tear, from upper right, extends roughly 6 inches into the view. Blank on verso.